Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I allow all of my Customers to view their Order/Invoice History on the Odoo 9 Website Frontend?

By
Travis Waelbroeck
on 10/31/16, 5:13 AM 200 views

I am using Odoo 9 website and I want each customer (res.partner) to be able to view their account data (orders, invoices, etc.) from the website frontend.

As far as I can tell, in order to be able to login to the website, each customer would need their own entry in res.users also... Is this right or am I making this too complicated?

How can I allow my customers access to their accounts on my Odoo website?

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 10/31/16, 4:58 PM

You are describing the Customer portal capability. After a Customer logs in to your website, they click the My Account option from the dropdown menu beside their username:

They then see:

1. Install the Portal app.

2. Click Portal Access Management from the Action menu on the selected Customer from the Customer form view:

My understanding of the Portal app is that the customer has access to the Odoo backend. Is their access frontend only? If so, that's exactly what I'm wanting. I just want our customers to have everything served from the website view, independent of Odoo backend design.

Htm-Mbs, Travis Waelbroeck
on 11/1/16, 3:19 PM

There is no backend access to Odoo with the Portal App.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 11/1/16, 3:35 PM

Ok, I agree this looks like it should work for my goal. However, the previous orders/invoices for my example customer are not visible on the website. Why would this be?

on 11/3/16, 5:41 PM

Check that the Customer is a follower of those orders. That's how Customers will be able to view their orders.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 11/3/16, 9:39 PM

Sure enough that worked - looks like what I'm wanting then! Any suggestions on how to enroll all/many partners at one time?

on 11/6/16, 8:38 PM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 10/31/16, 8:42 AM

Do you know about the Portal app of Odoo? Please check this: https://www.odoo.com/slides/slide/intro-to-the-new-user-portal-265

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/31/16, 5:13 AM
Seen: 200 times
Last updated: 11/6/16, 8:38 PM