Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can i add search functionality on the home page of an odoo website ?

By
Maurice Matheeussen
on 10/9/14, 10:40 AM 961 views

Hello,

I want to add search functionality in a website created with the odoo website builder.

How can this be achieved ?

Thanks in advance.

Maurice.

@Maurice, To my knowledge there is only search functionality for the website_sale module (ie. product search only), and this search bar will not function on CMS pages (eg. homepage) without heavy modification. I believe there is a full-text search project for version 8.0 hosted at this repository: https://github.com/straga/odoo-addon_fts however there are no CMS page search modules built yet. I'd recommend keeping an eye on that page and Odoo's facebook page for announcements from the R&D dept. of Odoo regarding this functionality.

Luke Branch
on 10/27/14, 10:36 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/9/14, 10:40 AM
Seen: 961 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM