Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I add (link) a client (person) to a Project?

on 7/24/14, 8:06 AM 805 views

For my projects I want to know who is in the team of my customer.

I can only add users to projects, but not normal contacts... Any idea how to achieve this?

Thank you for your help!

René Schuster

--René Schuster--
| 5 5 8
Weinheim, Germany
--René Schuster--

Challenge Everything!

René Schuster
On 7/24/14, 8:23 AM

You can add a custom field to project.project.

'customer_team_ids': fields.many2many('res.partner', 'project_partner_rel', 'project_id', 'partner_id', 'Customer Team')

<field name="customer_team_ids"/>

Either using the webclient or a custom python module.

If you want to avoid programming, you can use the webclient to add the field.

Log in as admin with Technical Settings access. Go to Settings -> Technical -> Database Structure -> Models. Select the project.project and add a new many2many field with Object Relation 'res.partner'.

Next go to Settings -> Technical -> Database Structure -> User Interface. Select the project form view (I think it is 'project.edit_project') and duplicate it. Rename your duplicate, set the Inherited View to the view you've just duplicated and add the field where you want it.

Hope that helps.

On 7/24/14, 8:30 AM

I am not that deep in openerp... so there is no out of the box solution?

I need code this?

Will be a tough time to find out where to start, but thanks a lot for your help!!! I'd also appreciate a few more hints for a real newbie.

Addition: Great input, thank you for your help!

Cheers, cubic

Michael Karrer
On 8/7/14, 4:56 AM

Hi cubic! if you need help with odoo (OpenERP) you can just send me an E-Mail. Our office is in Graz so i guess you could come over if you need urgent help :)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/24/14, 8:06 AM
Seen: 805 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM