I have the following problem in the OPEN ERP accounting module. I'm working with the Romanian accounting Module.
The problem is that in Romanian accounting legislation I have to record the selling expenses and the income expenses after I actually make the sells. I will explain what I need with an example, the example will be without taxes, to be simple.
I will give the full working example from purchase to sale, I will skip the last step the customer payment that is not important for what I need.
Step 1: I Make a Purchase of a product that I want to resale (a toner by example):
The entries in the chart of accounts ( I'm interested in Debit and Credit only) will be:
- The Account 371 Marfuri ( Goods purchased for resale) will be debited - I use this account instead of 371 Cheltuieli cu marfurile ( Expenditure with goods ) because I don't have to show the expenditure at the purchase operation
- The Account 401 Furnizori ( Suppliers) will be credited
Step 2 I make the payment - Normal operation
- The Account 401 Furnizori ( Suppliers ) will be debited
- The Account 512 Banca ( Bank ) will be credited
Everything is fine with the Purchase, I don't show a selling, just a product income in the account.
Now I will sell that product. The steps are:
Step 3 I make the sell
- The account 4111 Clienti ( Customer ) will be Debited
- The account 707 Venituri din vanzarea marfurilor ( Income from the selling of products ) will be credited
What I need is to ad an extra step here that will:
- Debit the account 607 Cheltuieli cu marfurile ( Expenditure with goods )
- Credit the account 371 Marfuri (Goods purchased for resale) with the same amount that was debited on the step 1
I need to show the expenses here, after the selling of the good and I need to balance the account 607 Cheltuieli cu marfurile ( Expenditure with goods ) width 371 Marfuri (Goods purchased for resale).
I now that I can do this manually ( create a new journal entry ) but can I do this automatically ? Do I need programing skills or can it be done otherwise ?
Thank you !
Hi Marius, it depends of the standard price type, if you're using the standard or average price cost type, or you want to use the FIFO/LIFO cost types, and for the latest Openerp doesn't have a support only for the trunk version (version 8 - see WMS). If you are using the standard/average you can use the anglo-saxon accounting, for creating the account move automatically, if you want to use FIFO/LIFO you have to adapt the code...link the stock moves with the invoice lines...use the correct accounts...it's not that easy...untill now i wrote more than 14000 lines of code for the Romanian Adaptation (Stock with FIFO/LIFO, Localization with checks on Mfinante, ANAF, Accounting, Human Resources, Fiscal Declarations)...if you need help you can contact me..
You can contact me by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can watch the Romanian developments on :
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 5/13/14, 9:08 AM|
|Seen: 940 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|