This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello ,

I have the following problem in the OPEN ERP accounting module. I'm working with the Romanian accounting Module.

The problem is that in Romanian accounting legislation I have to record the selling expenses and the income expenses after I actually make the sells. I will explain what I need with an example, the example will be without taxes, to be simple.

I will give the full working example from purchase to sale, I will skip the last step the customer payment that is not important for what I need.

Step 1: I Make a Purchase of a product that I want to resale (a toner by example):

The entries in the chart of accounts ( I'm interested in Debit and Credit only) will be:

• The Account 371 Marfuri ( Goods purchased for resale) will be debited - I use this account instead of 371 Cheltuieli cu marfurile ( Expenditure with goods ) because I don't have to show the expenditure at the purchase operation
  • The Account 401 Furnizori ( Suppliers) will be credited

Step 2 I make the payment - Normal operation

• The Account 401 Furnizori ( Suppliers ) will be debited
  • The Account 512 Banca ( Bank ) will be credited

Everything is fine with the Purchase, I don't show a selling, just a product income in the account.

Now I will sell that product. The steps are:

Step 3 I make the sell

• The account 4111 Clienti ( Customer ) will be Debited
  • The account 707 Venituri din vanzarea marfurilor ( Income from the selling of products ) will be credited

What I need is to ad an extra step here that will:

• Debit the account 607 Cheltuieli cu marfurile ( Expenditure with goods )
  • Credit the account 371 Marfuri (Goods purchased for resale) with the same amount that was debited on the step 1

I need to show the expenses here, after the selling of the good and I need to balance the account 607 Cheltuieli cu marfurile ( Expenditure with goods ) width 371 Marfuri (Goods purchased for resale).

I now that I can do this manually ( create a new journal entry ) but can I do this automatically ? Do I need programing skills or can it be done otherwise ?

Thank you !

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Marius, it depends of the standard price type, if you're using the standard or average price cost type, or you want to use the FIFO/LIFO cost types, and for the latest Openerp doesn't have a support only for the trunk version (version 8 - see WMS). If you are using the standard/average you can use the anglo-saxon accounting, for creating the account move automatically, if you want to use FIFO/LIFO you have to adapt the code...link the stock moves with the invoice lines...use the correct accounts...it's not that easy...untill now i wrote more than 14000 lines of code for the Romanian Adaptation (Stock with FIFO/LIFO, Localization with checks on Mfinante, ANAF, Accounting, Human Resources, Fiscal Declarations)...if you need help you can contact me..

You can contact me by mail: feketemihai@gmail.com.

You can watch the Romanian developments on :

https://github.com/odoo-romania

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you Mihai ! How can I contact you ? 

Discard