Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I access a combo in many2one field otherthan name field???

By
Farsin
on 7/7/14, 5:51 AM 571 views

@Farsin - Try to look at name_get for "product" field under sale order line in sale order screen, you will find that it has code and name of the product together in it.

Farsin
on 7/17/14, 6:30 AM

Hello Farsin,

OpenERP uses "name_get" method to show up the values under many2one field, so you can override the "name_get" method to change the default behaviour of bringing up the "name" field from a model. You can bring up your required field from the model to show up under many2one field. 

Regards

And I also need the original name field in another place???? What i do??

Farsin
on 7/7/14, 6:11 AM

@Farsin, please explain what do you mean by "original name field in another place"?

Hiren Vora - CEO at Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd. India
on 7/7/14, 6:28 AM

I want to access a combo with many2one field with both the name field and another field???

Farsin
on 7/7/14, 6:47 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/7/14, 5:51 AM
Seen: 571 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM