Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can a user be locked after a certain number of wrong logon attempts?

By
Andreas Pohle
on 8/22/14, 6:07 AM 678 views

We have the request that a user should be locked (or deactivated) when he made a certain number (eg 5.) of wrong logon attempts. We have an Odoo Website published to the internet and we want to make it harder that someone uses an brute force attack to figure out the users password.

Is this possible with Odoo V8 RC1 (not the SaaS)?

@Andreas, I've asked a similar question in another thread, however unfortunately I have not had any luck at this point in time. I will be looking to build a module at a later date that works with the fail2ban on Ubuntu to allow for IP blocking after repeated attempts for a period of time. Unfortunately there does not seem to be anything out there in the public github and launchpad repositories that does this currently, however i'll update this thread once i've implemented something myself.

Luke Branch
on 8/22/14, 7:43 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/22/14, 6:07 AM
Seen: 678 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM