This question has been flagged
3 Replies

We're working on planning out our first implementation of OpenERP with one of my clients and I'm curious how the rest of the community is training their teams. I'm well aware of the official 5-day user training and technical training, but this seems excessive for most of the users within the company.

For example, the shipper/receiver doesn't need to know how to manages sales workflows, and the accountant doesn't need to know how to ship goods. In the interest of efficiency and cost optimization, how are you getting your companies and clients up to speed quickly in openerp?

Thanks, Nick

Discard

Hello Nick,

You can contact us on contact@serpentcs.com for the module wise training. Check our training outline here : http://www.serpentcs.com/services/trainings/openerp-functional-training

You can check events and training sessions on our Facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Serpent-Consulting-Services-Pvt-Ltd/299017730141795?sk=photos_albums

also check the testimonials of our services : http://www.serpentcs.com/testimonials

Best Answer

This is how we are training our team in Argentina. We read the manuals. There is plenty of documentation around and the functional manuals are available in e-book format. Also for the developers exist the developers section of the documentation (which is quite complete) and the Technical Memento, which does a good job of explaining how to work with OpenERP. And in case it is not enough, developers can grep the code, most of the code is in Python which is quite easy to understand.

Now, for the business analysts, they have to read the functional manuals, all of them if possible. Since business analysts will train the power users in the clients. Clients' users don't need to be trained in every module of OpenERP, you can customize their training.

Hope this helps,

Discard
Author

@Gustavo, thanks. It's the client training that I'm specifically curious about. I'm concerned that for the users that are "less than eager" to convert over to OpenERP, reading the manuals will just not be an option. I'm sure this is something that is faced in many client companies.

Best Answer

OpenERP Online Functional Trainings are modular: you can purchase 1 day for 1 employee to only follow the topic he needs to know. Search online trainings on www.openerp.com/events

Discard
Author

@Fabrice, Thanks for the feedback. I haven't taken the official training yet, but it might be an option.

Best Answer

According to the access rights granted to any user, the menu items available to them should contain link(s) directing them to the related documentation (official + inhouse addtions). This feature should also allow each individual user to write/edit/delete his (her) personnal notes.

Additionnally:

• the user could raise questions, then automatically sent to the person in charge of training.
  • the user could be be asked to answer a questionnaire (the flowchart is available in OpenErp), stating his(her) level of understanding or effective personnal use of the functions he(she) is entitled to use.
  • A dashboard could be setup related to the increasing level of training amongst the users (by department, by menu, etc).

"Empowered" users are key to success!

Discard
Author

Thanks Ad. Similar to what I mentioned to Gustavo. I'm sure like many OpenERP consultants working with companies that are making a transition to OpenERP, there are going to be users that are not 100% on board with making a switch. For them to read documention might be too much of a barrier to entry into the system. That said, using the communication aspects of OpenERP is an excellent thought. Allowing them to ask a quick question of the Admin is a good idea.