Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Hide to create a new record in many2many or many2one field

By
Dasadiya Chaitanya
on 9/28/14, 5:57 AM 1,627 views

I am working with res.partner object in customer form view in sale module
category_id use many2many field in customer form view. 
Based on the user I have to hide the create new category record in ODOO or OpenERP.  

Prakash

--Prakash--
| 5 4 7
Bikaner, India
--Prakash--

OpenERP Devloper at SunARC Technology

Prakash
On 9/29/14, 8:05 AM

Based on conditiion in xml using attrs tag to hide field in form view or create a function field that returns a value based on the user's group and xml hide field based on function field value.

https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+question/178779

i wants to hide for restrict based on user for create the new record in many2many or many2one filed in openERP hear many2many and many2one field is relation and create new record which is already part of openerp framework. i don't want to hide whole the filed in openerp but put the restriction for creation based on the user access

Dasadiya Chaitanya
on 9/29/14, 9:19 AM

You can restrict many2one field based on the user group using settings access right many2one table set read permission only.

Prakash
on 9/30/14, 4:12 AM

can u elaborate more with one example ??

Dasadiya Chaitanya
on 10/15/14, 7:55 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/28/14, 5:57 AM
Seen: 1627 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM