Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Hide or delete the menu item "Apps"

By
Sonia
on 7/14/16, 6:47 PM 416 views

I want to hide or delete the menu item "Apps" in odoo.

I follow this steps:make sure Technical Features is checked Then go under Settings/Technical/User Interface/Menu Items and search for the item you want to delete (Apps/apps).

I have succeeded .

But my issue is to do it for all databases by developing not by web interface!

Can any one help me please

Anil R. Kesariya

--Anil R. Kesariya--
| 6 5 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Anil R. Kesariya--
ERP Consultant

Key Skill
-
Technical & Functional Expert
Anil R. Kesariya
On 7/14/16, 11:10 PM

Hi Sonia,

Here is the way.

1. Follow these steps to hide menu.

- Create new user group which you will not assign to any user, you can call it dummy group let say and assign it to your menu item.

if you want to assign group to menu than, there are 2 ways.

i) <menuitem id="id_of_your_menu" groups="existing_groups,yourdummygroup" action="action_id"/>

ii) Go to Setting>>Technical>>User Interface>>Menu Item, Make sure you have activated developer mode

These above two option will hide the menu, it will not delete from database, you want to make this menu appear for specific user, you can assign that newly created group(dummy group) to that user.

2. Follow these stops to delete menu item.

i) <delete model="ir.ui.menu" id="your_menu_id"/>

ii) Go to setting>>Technical>>User Interface>>Menu Items, this will delete the menu from database permanent 

This will list all the menu item, search your menu by name and just delete it, this will delete the menu from database permanent 

For more reference : click here  these question is already asked in another thread, you can refer this as well.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Anil.  

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 7/15/16, 2:14 AM

I would not touch the admin's access rights. Users with access rights "Administration" empty or configuration only do not have access to the Apps menu.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/14/16, 6:47 PM
Seen: 416 times
Last updated: 7/15/16, 2:14 AM