This question has been flagged
6 Replies

I added a menu in Accounting tab, I don't want to show it to the Sales group, how can I do it?

Discard
Best Answer

Asssign groups="group_id" in menu for view that perticular group or assign multiple groups seprated by comma.

Discard
Author

Thanks! :)

Best Answer

Hi Samantha,

If you added a menu in "Accounting" main menu then the Group which has right to access "Accounting" Menu only those will access your menu too.

If sales group will not have access right for accessing the "Accounting" menu then they cannot access your added menu too.

Regards,

Hardik

Discard
Author

Thanks! :)

Best Answer

Hi Samantha Cruz,

W.r.t your query,I had gone through it and tried to replicate it. Few recommendation which I would like to suggest you which would cater to your query are as follows :-

1) As you a had added a menu to the Accounting tab, but don't want to show it to the Sales group. Hence after adding the menu to the Accounting tab, first thing you need to do is that remove the users(if added) from the Accounting menu created. This can be done by following Setting>Users>Groups

2) The reason behind removing this is that, in Odoo we only add users or groups to any menu if we want to make it visible for them along with access rights. I f we don't want to make any menu visible to any users or groups then we never add them to any menu

For e.g., If 5 users belongs to the group “Sales Managers” and we have added a new menu “i.e. Loans” to Accounting Tab. But we want to hide that menu for them. Hence we will not add these users or the group to the new Accounting menu. As such the menu can be hidden from them

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Discard
Author

Thank you for this Sir :)

Best Answer

Just assign it to the groups that you wanna enable to see it and left the particular sales group out of the list

Discard