This question has been flagged

Hi, I'm trying to become invisible a button when the current date is not the same as the date of a field, I mean I need to show the button only when the current date will be the same as the date of a field.

I'm trying to use to do this in the xml the context_today () but I could not do it, my syntax for hidden button is:

attrs = "{'invisible': [('f_inicio', '!=', ((context_today ()). strftime ('%% Y-%% m-%% d')))]}"

The error message I get is "NameError: name 'context_today' is not defined".

I tried also with the following code:

attrs = "{'invisible': [('f_inicio', '!=', __import__ ('time'). strftime ('%% Y-%% m-%% d'))]}"

With the latter does not give me errors but does not do what is required, hide the button when the f_inicio not equal to the current date.

If I can lend a hand is the greatly appreciate,

Note: The "f_inicio" is of type "datetime" and the button I want to hide this placing in the section "header" of the view.

Discard
Best Answer

It seems that the tag attrs does not allow python code (at least it is not used in any of the addons). You can do it this way:

• Create a hidden function field today of type date, which returns the current date
  • Then use the following code attrs = "{'invisible': [('f_inicio','!=','today')]}"
Discard

What function should we write in "today" field?