This question has been flagged
18 Replies

Hi , 

As per the subject , i have multiple requests from my customers and users that , it reported that Odoo 10 website is unable to load at all for iphone 5 , iphone 6 and older ipad  so is there anyone who has similar experiences and know there is any  solutions for Iphone / Ipad browser to load Odoo properly ?

Thanks,

Kalmen 

E-Global SCM solutions Sdn Bhd

Discard

You should verify your customer statements first. If they are true, try to figure out the reasons. If it really does not work on such devices, then the reason for it is not related to Odoo, see my answer.

Author Best Answer

Hi , finally , i know what has caused the i-devices do not work properly in my case ... please refer to my blog here .

Why my Odoo V10 cannot work on iOS ?   ,Hope this sharing can save you some time to troubleshoot and happy odooing !

Cheers and Merry X'MAS !

kalmen.

Discard
Best Answer

This is simply not true, it works flawlessly and there is also no technical reason why it should not work, because Odoo is browser based.. Here the screenshots from an iPhone 4S:

Frontend:

Backend:

Discard
Author

may i check which version of iphone u are using ?

As I have written in my answer: iPhone 4S and I did also successfully test it with an iPad Model 3 (older than iPad Air).

Author

HI Ermin , Thanks for the information because i have no i devices so cannot check at all , i have no issues with Andriod and i am suspecting is the "https" issue at the moment through one screen shots from old ipa. It showed a https connection issues , i have no ipad, so i am not sure how to set the ipad to add exception to the browser to accept self-signed ssl or insecure CERT . but anywhere ,it may be as you mentioned ,the problem may be not from odoo itself.

The problem is for sure not with Odoo, but with your deployment (and most probably with Apple's strict security policies). You should not use self-signed certificates anyway, there is no reason anymore since free certificates are available, such as Let's Encrypt for example.

It works fine on my iPad2, it's the iDevices whose ios is lower than ios8 i believe that I HAVE been able to replicate the REPORTED behavior. And I'll bet it has something to do with the LESS framework as opposed to straight css.

Best Answer

Your customers best bet for using these old iDevices might be to Jailbreak their devices to add an updated browser capable of using the admin section of an Odoo 10 site if any exist. I've used Redsnow in the past, but don't recall if there was a browser like firefox etc.

Certainly for headache free experience it's time for them to update their devices, which I understand is not always easy.

Discard
Author

Thanks Damon for help to clarify and it means that , we really cannot display Odoo v10 properly without "hacking" the old devices .

@Damon: do you have any kind of evidence and/or explanation for your statement?

Author

Hi , i have complaints from multiple clients, but all of them are using older version of Iphone i.e. Iphone 5 or 6 (this has come from at least 3 different customers ) and an older version of ipad air belong to my physical brother , all reported cannot work , when it goes to the website , it simply do not display anything at all , when going to same page using andriod, no issues at all , please take note that this is a community version of Odoo V10.

As I said, it works flawlessly with even older devices. I have successfully tested it with an iPhone 4S and an iPad 3. I'm also very sure that it even works on an iPad 2.

... and as you can see, my screenshots are also from the community edition.

Ermin, while I know that you're going to continue to -1 me, yes I do have evidence from my iPad version 1, on my Community edition. I didn't realize this was YOUR community and You were the decider on whose assistance was worthy or not.

well @ermin what do you say? the op states his customers have a problem, I've shown you the differences between ios versions and devices and you say "it doesn't exist" "it works flawlessly" Really?

Damon: nobody was ever talking about iPads 1 or Commodores C64, but about iPad Airs and iPhone 5 and newer, so the issue is not a device issue and a jailbreak is not a solution but purely misleading. This is the reason why I have downvoted your post, it is not an answer and future readers should not be irritated, that's why voting is important.

Your guess about the iOS versions lower than 8.0 also sounds reasonable to me, but I have to confess that using an iPhone 5 or 6 or an iPad Air with an iOS lower than 8 is far beyond my imagination.

@ermin In the OP states "older iPad" you can see that right? but did you read it? Perhaps more specificty should have been asked for upfront, but I just feel I'm being badgered by you a bit.