Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Help with UoM and product_second_uom

By
daniel
on 3/13/13, 2:27 PM 2,552 views

I'm using openerp 6.1 and I have mini-stores (anyway), I buy chemicals by packages of 24 bottles. at information product, I put this parameters

Default Unit of Mesure: PCE (Unidad) Purchase Unit of Mesure: Box ( I created)

Second UoM Unit of Sale: PCE UoM --> UoS: 24

I'm thinking that is the best configuration I purchase box and sell by piece but is not woking the invoice is wrong is telling that i'm selling the whole box. Please any help will be apreciated.

Mohammad Alhashash

--Mohammad Alhashash--
| 5 5 8
Giza, Egypt
--Mohammad Alhashash--

Developer

Mohammad Alhashash
On 3/13/13, 4:27 PM

You do not need secondary unit or unit of sale for your scenario. UoS is used when you need to invoice in units incompatible with the product standard units. Check this question for more information.

You should just define a new unit BOX24 in the same category as PCS with ratio=24. Since both units are compatible (in the same category), you can purchase and sell at any unit. Price and quantity conversion will be done automatically. You may also set the default purchase unit to BOX24.

Thanks a lot , I followed you suggested above and it works!!!.

I'm clear that is not different unit type is the same unit (PCE) I just type ratio = 24 and set Purchase Unit of Measure the BOX (I created it) with the new ratio.

I proved with a sale and I try to set 25 PCE and error occurs because in my stock I have only 1 box (with 24 PCE).

I'll do some test using second unit bottles (Purchase) --> ml (Sell)

Thanks

daniel
on 3/13/13, 6:07 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/13, 2:27 PM
Seen: 2552 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM