This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm using openerp 6.1 and I have mini-stores (anyway), I buy chemicals by packages of 24 bottles. at information product, I put this parameters

Default Unit of Mesure: PCE (Unidad) Purchase Unit of Mesure: Box ( I created)

Second UoM Unit of Sale: PCE UoM --> UoS: 24

I'm thinking that is the best configuration I purchase box and sell by piece but is not woking the invoice is wrong is telling that i'm selling the whole box. Please any help will be apreciated.

Discard
Best Answer

You do not need secondary unit or unit of sale for your scenario. UoS is used when you need to invoice in units incompatible with the product standard units. Check this question for more information.

You should just define a new unit BOX24 in the same category as PCS with ratio=24. Since both units are compatible (in the same category), you can purchase and sell at any unit. Price and quantity conversion will be done automatically. You may also set the default purchase unit to BOX24.

Discard
Author

Thanks a lot , I followed you suggested above and it works!!!.

I'm clear that is not different unit type is the same unit (PCE) I just type ratio = 24 and set Purchase Unit of Measure the BOX (I created it) with the new ratio.

I proved with a sale and I try to set 25 PCE and error occurs because in my stock I have only 1 box (with 24 PCE).

I'll do some test using second unit bottles (Purchase) --> ml (Sell)

Thanks