Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Help with POS thermal printers needed

By
Roy Nurmi
on 1/26/15, 8:43 AM 987 views

I have checked e.g. this thread:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/pos-webprnt-thermal-printer-support-38769

But I think it needs something more. I've been testing Star TSP100 thermal printer and yes, I can print to it straight from Odoo, but as it is using windows driver, it dithers the text to almost unreadable. I assume you would need to control the printer in RAW mode or something like that (more or less like old line printers, where you output text, no graphics, and let the printer do the rendering). 

Any advice on this?

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 1/26/15, 11:21 AM

The idea of having a driver, AFAIK, is to avoid exactly that.  Having said that, if there is really no other way to print it legibly using the available drivers, you need to first find out whether Star Mitronics (producer of Star TSP100) provides SDK to access the printer raw and in what language the SDK is provided (and what platform).  You then need to find a bridge between Python and that language and build the "driver" that is accessible from Python.  Then integrate it with OpenERP.

Any of have made a development using Bluetooth connection?

Odoo Honduras
on 11/27/15, 1:30 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/26/15, 8:43 AM
Seen: 987 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM