Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Help with Attachments and Document Management

v8
By
SpeedyVV
on 11/28/14, 8:17 AM 2,641 views

Hello, I have v8 but I cannot find anything on document management or attachments.

The only place I see anything related to attachments is in Settings->Database Structure->Attachments.

And there there are a bunch of what seems to be pre created files which are not created by me???

I would like to do simple things like upload a PDF of an invoice to a Invoice records for example.

What am I missing? A module or something?

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 11/28/14, 8:29 AM

Try to install the "documentation" module. This will insert some basic DMS functionality into Odoo. By the way: Each printed invoice can also generate an attachment. These can be created by user administrator as well.

Lastly, If you installed your database using demo data, attachments can also be created.

Interesting, why don't I have Documentation module? Do I have to download it from somewhere?

SpeedyVV
on 11/28/14, 8:32 AM

The module is called "Document Management System" and comes with (at least) every github instance of Odoo. Furthermore, it is not an app, its a module. So if you search for it from your "Apps" screen, you won't find it. Remove the "Apps" filter top right corner and search again. You should be able to find it.

Ludo - Neobis
on 11/28/14, 8:36 AM

OMG Ludo, I LOVE YOU!!!! All this time, I was wondering why it looked like I was missing stuff from Odoo. I never noticed the "Apps" filter, removed that now all off a sudden, things that I thought I messed up when doing an install Showed up!!! Thanks so much!

SpeedyVV
on 11/28/14, 8:40 AM

Owwwwwwk. Well, glad I could help you out there :) . Please mark my answer as valid, so the issue will no longer appears in the active issues list.

Ludo - Neobis
on 11/28/14, 9:34 AM

Ok, when I try to "Convert as an answer" it says I don't have enough Karma! I knew there was something wrong with me :-(

SpeedyVV
on 11/28/14, 10:15 AM

That isn't / wasn't needed. Just click the little "v" symbol underneath my current answer. Only one answer per user per thread is allowed.

Ludo - Neobis
on 11/28/14, 10:20 AM
 photo Karma_zps8c6e2e32.jpg
SpeedyVV
on 11/28/14, 10:27 AM

I have already marked the answer myself, so that should be good. For more karma, email Odoo for "registration" of your account. I know this is a bit odd, but it is supposed to be a countermeasure to the load of spam the board had endured last months.

Ludo - Neobis
on 11/28/14, 10:32 AM
zuher83
On 12/13/14, 8:37 AM

In V8 you just need in 

1 - parameter/technical/parameter/system_parameter add add key = "ir_attachment.location" value="file"
2 - in config file add "data_dir = your/path"

You don't need add "file://///filestore" value in ir_attachment.location!

Martin Schmid
On 11/30/14, 6:36 AM
  1. Install the module
  2. As admin go to technical/parameter/systemparameter and add "ir_attachment.location" and the value "file://///filestore"
  3. With your odoo daemon user create a folder where you want store the documents f.e. /usr/share/odoo"
  4. Add in your odoo config file: data_dir=/usr/share/odoo
  5. Restart

Charlie
On 12/14/14, 11:24 AM

@zuher83 method work fine

"file://///filestore" don't work with V8

Winyoo
On 12/25/14, 11:03 AM

@zuher83

His answer is work. I want to add more for a new person. Config file means "openerp-server.conf" I use Window as server. I take a lot of time to notice this meaning : ).

For Odoo8, we don't need to set system_parameter. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/28/14, 8:17 AM
Seen: 2641 times
Last updated: 5/4/16, 12:02 PM