I need your help on limiting a user to a specific warehouse/location on warehouse application. What I need to do is to allow User-1 to deliver products from Warehouse A (locations defined for this warehouse), and User-2 to deliver products from Warehouse B (locations defined for this warehouse).
My setup is:
- Warehouse A and Warehouse B
- User-1 and User-2 (user-1 works on warehouse A, and user-2 works on warehouse B)
When a user is on Incoming Shipments/Delivery Orders/Internal Moves/ (warehouse application), I need him to be abble to see only orders from his warehouse and be abble to confirm orders from his warehouse.
Option 1 (I could not make it to work):
- Change the view (for instance stock.picking.out.tree, for delivery orders) to allow me to show the "location" from where products are being delivered.
- Add a filter on this view to allow me to filter by the location
This way I will be abble to define a custom view for each user, and he will be abble to view only products from his location/warehouse
Option 2 (preferrable):
- Define a rule/group for each user and allow him just to see his warehouse and the locations defined on his warehouse.
I have read the post related to limiting user to a specific warehouse:
https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/limit-the-warehouse-user-to-particular-warehouse-10643 ...but unfortunetly I could not make it to work (lack of knowledge to define the security rules by python code).
Can anyone help me on one of the options?
Thank you very much
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 10/16/14, 7:46 AM|
|Seen: 1057 times|
|Last updated: 6/7/16, 12:49 PM|