This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

I have uploaded a language (name:Test1) in ERP& my language's captions were just for CRM module, not all modules.(forgotten to check 'overwrite' option)

I chose 'Test1' lang for Admin user, my page refreshed and after that I have no GUI in screen!!

I have no access to OpenERP now. I cant change the lang setting for Admin user, cause Other users have not Administrator privilege!.

How Can I reset Admin's lang to en-US lang?! How can I do it!!

Thanks,Parelli

Discard
Best Answer
  1. Open up psql (or pg_admin3 or similair) and connect to your database
  2. Lookup the id and partner_id for user administrator in res_users table
  3. Use partner_id to find the partner attached to administrator user in res_partner table
  4. Run query: "update res_partner set lang = 'en_US' where id = $your_partner_id_here;"

Should do the trick.

Discard
Author

Thank you so much.

Author

i've removed the translated 'lang' from ir_translations and from res_lang . and changed the (res_patner) user lang to en US, but still my admin page does not loading.!!! Please advice.

Have you tried updating the database with the "-u all" flag on the command line? That will reinitialise the modules and perhaps restore the translations. Furthermore, check the log files for any inconstancy. It is really difficult to debug for anyone if you don't have error log.

Author

I used the 'refresh' button in phAdmin3 GUI. I guessed it too, and for making sure about the changes i've changed the name of one user and stop-start erp.. The user's name was changed!! but still my admin lang didnt updated!!