Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Help Me In Postgresql To Make New Realtions With Another Tables ?

By
Ali Abdelmonem Mustafa Amer
on 11/7/13, 4:24 PM 816 views

Hi All

I Want Help Here Please I Want To Create Module And Want To Create my Own Users To Use This Module So I Want To Know The Best Way to Do That If Any One Can Help Me Please Put Your Answer

Subhin P V
On 11/8/13, 1:25 AM

Create a new folder in your module called security. Add 2 files ir.model.access.csv and an xml file with any name. (here : student_security.xml ). Specify these files in the update xml portion in the __openerp__.py file of the module as :

'update_xml': ["security/student_security.xml",
                "security/ir.model.access.csv",
                  ............other files in the module...................
               ]

in the xml file you can create groups for users. For eg:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<openerp>
<data>

<record id="group_student" context="{'noadmin':'True'}" model="res.groups">
        <field name="name">Student</field>
    </record>
</data>
</openerp>

After upgrading the module This creates a group Student. Now you can add any user that you create or an existing user to this group via the client. Settings/users/users/Access rights. . you will be able to see your created group as a boolen field in the section "Other" Then you can set the permissions for this group in the ir.model.access.csv file. An example for this file would be there in the module sale/security. you can refere that.

Thanks A lot For Effort But Still Unknown to Me I Need Clear Example Subhin

Ali Abdelmonem Mustafa Amer
on 11/10/13, 7:26 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/7/13, 4:24 PM
Seen: 816 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM