Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Help me, im new to odoo(module tabs, panes problem)

By
Lakay lakay
on 9/9/14, 1:56 AM 1,158 views

Hi, kindly help me im new to odoo, ive been through many research but unluckily i cannot find answer

Here is my case: ( sorry i cant post image yet, the forum requires me 30 karma atleast)

i create new module named 'Shipping Info', then after it install a new tab beside Settings appear which is the 'Shipping Information' tab

so there were 2 tabs which can be found at the top of the odoo (1.Shipping Information 2. Settings) when you click Settings, in your left side pane you can see blue bold colored text "Messaging" and under this are black(not bold) colored text which are "Inbox and Archives"

Is it possible to add under those mentioned elements my module 'shipping info' module and removed it from the module tabs

it will look like this:

MODULE TABS ->>>>     Settings      <<-- Settings Only, the 'Shipping Info' will be remove

LEFT SIDE PANE

Messaging

Inbox

Archives

Shipping Information

Shipping address

Brett Lehrer

--Brett Lehrer--
| 5 4 8
Milwaukee, United States
--Brett Lehrer--
Director of IT and open source enthusiast.
Brett Lehrer
On 9/9/14, 3:01 AM

You need to set the parent attribute in the menuitem definition.  For reference, under Settings -> Technical Settings -> User Interface -> Menu Items is the full list to help find what menu you want to make the parent of your new menu.  If you're editing in the interface, just edit the parent menu field of your new menu.

If you're editing an XML file, make sure you're in debug mode: add "?debug" to your base URL, or go to your username in the far upper right corner, then About OpenERP/Odoo, then click the Activate Developer Mode link in the upper right corner of the popup.  Now, in the Menu Items list, pick the menu you want to use as a parent, then go to the debug menu in the upper left corner of the page and select "View Log".  You'll get a small popup with a few key values, most important is the XML ID in the format "module_name.id_name", something like "mail.mail_feeds".  Then in your XML, the menuitem tag needs the attribute parent="mail.mail_feeds".  Once the XML is updated, upgrade your module and after a page refresh the menu will show your new menuitem.

Note: Some of these menu names might be renamed in 8.0, I'm just going off memory from 7.0.

Thank you its working! may i know if its possible to remove the Module tabs, because my module is already in the settings tab, it would just be redundant?

Lakay lakay
on 9/9/14, 3:46 AM

ohh isee so it is also been removed automatically. thanks brett !

Lakay lakay
on 9/9/14, 3:59 AM

ohh isee so it is also been removed automatically. thanks brett !

Lakay lakay
on 9/9/14, 3:59 AM

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 9/9/14, 2:55 AM

Lakay, I might be wrong, but I think what you refer as Module Tabs are actually top level Menu Items (Menu Items that do not have parents).  So, if you want to restructure the Shipping Information to be displayed in the side pane (which contains all submenus under the selected top level menu), then you need to update the Shipping Information Menu Item to have a new parent.

Ohh isee, so i must modify the xml specially

Lakay lakay
on 9/9/14, 3:04 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/9/14, 1:56 AM
Seen: 1158 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM