Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

help me, im new to odoo (module problem)

By
Lakay lakay
on 9/8/14, 10:40 PM 395 views

Hi, im new to odoo, kindly help me

i have this case :

I have created a new module named as 'ShippingAddress'

class SA(osv.osv):

_name= 'SA'

_column= { 'shipadr':fields.char('shipadr',size=200) }

i have 3 users : Administrator, user1, user2

when i logged as user1 and then i add information into my Shipping Address module why is it that user2 also see what was added.

kindly help me i want that when a certain user logged and add a data , only this user can see the data he added.

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 9/9/14, 12:29 AM

Lakay,  the feature that can help you is Record Rules in which you can define which records of a particular model can be viewed by a specific group or by anybody.  Specifically if you want to filter the SA record by whom created the record (which is create_uid field) you can try the following domain: [('create_uid', '=', user.id)]

You can find Record Rules from Settings >> Technical >> Security >> Record Rules menu.

bro this works! thank you very much..

Lakay lakay
on 9/9/14, 1:07 AM

bro this works! thank you very much..

Lakay lakay
on 9/9/14, 1:08 AM
Farid Ghanchi
On 9/8/14, 11:19 PM

Hello Lakay, Create a one group and assign to UserA and set groups on XML on that field.

thank you also bro, yes a group must be assigned to the every users to take effect

Lakay lakay
on 9/9/14, 1:09 AM

thank you also bro, yes a group must be assigned to the every users to take effect

Lakay lakay
on 9/9/14, 1:09 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/8/14, 10:40 PM
Seen: 395 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM