This question has been flagged

Running 9.0c for a service based company and never been too thrilled with the payment processing it does. We've had two setups to date:

1. (old) Sales reps create SO, customer approves, is able to pay immediately if they like with 3 acquirer options. If they don't pay immediately, sales rep must create an invoice, and then another employee hits "register payment" on each invoice when payments come in.

1. Problems: relies too much on manual processes, and when paying an invoice (vs SO), the customer is only given 1 acquirer option.

2. (current) Sales reps only use SO's, not invoicing. Customers can approve/pay anytime, with any of the 3 acquirer options. Shows as "Payment Acquirer:" in the SO, so sales rep knows the customer has paid.

1. Problems: employees can't use real-time Performance stats on their sales dashboards because there are no invoices for it to total up, and customers can back out of the payment process (i.e. select Paypal, log in, then never finish the process) yet it still shows up as "Payment Acquirer:" in the SO - employee thinks that the payment has been completed. As a result, I have to leave internal notes confirming payments.

How I wish it would work: 

• Sales reps can see sales totals in their dashboards in real time

• Customer gets all 3 payment acquirer options (not just the default 1 option for paying invoices)

• A confirmation is easily visible to sales reps showing the customer has completed payment (not just selected a payment method)

Is this a limitation or am I missing something? Is Odoo 10/11 a better option with the reworked payment processing?

Discard

"Help me get our payment process dialed in please!" is not a Question that readers can use to work out what you want - you force them to open your question (many don't). If you can think of a Question that reflects what you want, it may work better to edit your Question.

Author

Ray, I'd love to satisfy your grammatical request, but every time I try to edit a post on this forum I get a 403 – Forbidden.