This question has been flagged
1 Reply

When i change language from English to Vietnamese, i got an problem : Some words have not been translated yet in module Discuss(mail) or Dashboards(board).  How can i override to add translation ?

Thanks for your help !

Regards,

Minh

Discard
Best Answer

Please follow these steps:
1. Login as Administrator and enable debug mode.

2. Go to Settings menu > Translations > Import/Export > Export translation

In the dialog:

- select language to translate (Vietnamese),

- file format: PO File

- App to export: type 'Discuss' and 'Dashboard' or any name of module/app that you want to translate

Press 'Export' button and you will be able to download a vi_VN.po file.

3. Use a text editor (I usually use Notepad++) to open the po file and translate its messages. Save it.

4. Go to Import Translation menu, the Import Translation dialog appears. Fill this dialog as follow:

- Language name: anything

- Code: must be vi_VN

- Upload your file

- Tick in the Override existing terms check box.

Click import and reload your site.

Discard
Author

It doesn't work with me, i have tried many ways, include this. Some place still have not been translated but in Translated Terms, its already been translated and no update in module( e.g : In module Discuss : direct messages -> tin nhắn trực tiếp in Translate Terms. But i can't update this, nothing working. Can u suggest me any another idea ?

Thanks,

Minh

'Direct messages' is really a bad boy.

I did a query in to DB:

select * from ir_translation where src like '%Direct%' or src like '%Private%';

and noticed that 'module' column of 'Direct messages' is NULL. I don't know the reason why this happened.

Work arround: update ir_translation set module = 'mail' where id = 175117; (175117 is id of Direct Messages in my DB) and now it works.

Hope this help.

Author

Thanks for suggest, but i think it's not good idea, because i have many and many place haven't been translated like it. I already create a module, that only work for translate system module like 'board', 'discuss', 'web'... But still some problem: some place still haven't been translated and some place worked... i can't understand this. Now, i will translate it in Translate term tool Odoo for my deadline.

But i think this answer will be good for another ppl, i mark that right.

Thanks for your time.