You probably don't want a CPA to configure the accounting/financial part of an ERP. This is a false impression that people get because their accountants and bookkeepers 'set up' Quickbooks, hence they believe that a finance professional is able to set up an accounting software, and that's wrong. The reason why Quickbooks doesn't require a software specialist to be set up is because it is extremely constrained in what it does, mainly:
- Accounting for (almost) 1 country only
- No integration with inventory management
- Limitation in regards with costing methods and inventory processing which have financial implications
In Odoo, the set up of the accounting part will involve more moving parts because it covers more grounds.
Moreover, deciding which accounts you should get in your chart of accounts should be independent from the accounting software you use.
- Find an Odoo professional to do the set up
- Train your bookkeeper
- Only provide your CPA with what he needs: financial reports, list of invoices,...
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 4/25/16, 10:15 AM|
|Seen: 330 times|
|Last updated: 6/5/16, 6:06 PM|