This question has been flagged
3 Replies

My company relies on Amazon SES for outbound emails. But I have discovered this breaks messaging functionality in Odoo because the message-id is stripped from the header.  Does anyone have a workaround? Or can someone recommend an alternative outbound mailing service that preserves message-ids?  Long-term, it might be nice to create some sort of mapping between message-ids but I don't have time for that right now. 

Discard

you can test sendGrid... they have a free plan ... for testing...

I do also work with Amazon SES, but I did not realize yet that it should break messaging functionality. Can you please explain how it breaks the messaging functionality in your case?

Author Best Answer

Thanks for advice on SendGrid. I'm also evaluating Mailgun.  

Ermin, SES is fine for outgoing mail. But if in the future you decide to setup a catchall account for receiving email, SES will not work because it strips out necessary tracking info used to relate an email back to the originating record. 

For example, if you send a note to a customer while viewing his Contact record,  you might like to have the whole conversation included in that Record in the footer - including responses. But with SES ( as far As I know) you are limited due to the above message-id issue. 

Discard

Thanks for the explanation. I do use SES for outgoing mails only. I use another (my regular) mail provider as my incoming mail server with the catchall address. Or do you want to say that it will not work in this case also, because once SES stripped out the tracking info, it will not work with any incoming mail server because the info is lost?