Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Help convert .vcf to .csv ??

Erik Göranzon
on 9/8/14, 3:31 AM 1,066 views

I use Contacts and Cobook on my mac to sort my contacts. When I export it only comes out as a .vcf file. I want to import these contacts into ODOO. Since odoo only imports .csv files I have tried to convert the .vcf file into a .csv file without anu sucess. I get errors like: 

Import preview failed due to: 'utf16' codec can't decode byte 0x73 in position 4: truncated data. The issue is usually an incorrect file encoding.

Here is the start of the file we could not import:

Does someone have experience in converting .vcf files from Contacts in Mac into a correct .csv format for odoo?

Thank you

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 9/8/14, 3:31 AM
Seen: 1066 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM