Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

HELP! Cannot install ANY modules - Integrity Error

Damian Phang
on 12/29/13, 5:15 AM 1,077 views

I'm not sure what happened, but I cannot install any modules from openerp

Integrity Error

The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following: - deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it - creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set

[object with reference: categ_id - categ.id]

Did you remove a module before these errors started?

Roel Adriaans
on 12/29/13, 5:55 AM
Damian Phang
On 12/29/13, 6:32 AM

The problem occurs in between these transition:

#WORKING FINE - No sales module installed

#ERROR OCCURS - Sales Module installed, deleted product category - all product, created custom product categories (parent and regular products)

If I roll back to the working fine snapshot and install the sales module and go on from there it works fine. But I've made a lot of changes to the system, I prefer to fix it instead of doing it from ground up again

Try to rename "All Products" to your 'parent' category rather than deleting it.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 12/29/13, 9:28 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 12/29/13, 5:15 AM
Seen: 1077 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM