This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm just starting on my first import in version 8.  I was starting to get familiar with version 7, and now I have to learn the differences.  It looks to me like the (Product) Supply Method and Procure Method fields may have been combined into "Routes" in version 8.  Is that correct?

Discard
Best Answer

The warehouse management system has been completely refactored in Odoo 8. You might want to read the specs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jTLZJNV14saRn1VeZt_wME18YizEnEHB9ZX97WSqavs/edit

Discard
Author

Um... yeah. I'm just a web guy, for the most part. Most of that doc doesn't make sense to me. I did see this, though: ------ This concept does not exists in OpenERP and need to be developped: a route is just a name, and 2 many2many fields: one containing all the push rules of the route, the other one all the pull rules of the route. ----- That was highlighted in blue, which, according to the legend, means that it still has to be developed. I think, for our purposes, that we can just leave out what we used to have for "procure_method" and just import "Buy" or "Manufacture" into the "Routes" field.

It has been developped. You will find the routes definition in Warehouse > Configuration > Routes