Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Have Procure Method and Supply Method been combined in Odoo 8?

By
Jeff Beidler
on 9/24/14, 2:30 PM 26,794 views

I'm just starting on my first import in version 8.  I was starting to get familiar with version 7, and now I have to learn the differences.  It looks to me like the (Product) Supply Method and Procure Method fields may have been combined into "Routes" in version 8.  Is that correct?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 9/24/14, 4:42 PM

The warehouse management system has been completely refactored in Odoo 8. You might want to read the specs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jTLZJNV14saRn1VeZt_wME18YizEnEHB9ZX97WSqavs/edit

Um... yeah. I'm just a web guy, for the most part. Most of that doc doesn't make sense to me. I did see this, though: ------ This concept does not exists in OpenERP and need to be developped: a route is just a name, and 2 many2many fields: one containing all the push rules of the route, the other one all the pull rules of the route. ----- That was highlighted in blue, which, according to the legend, means that it still has to be developed. I think, for our purposes, that we can just leave out what we used to have for "procure_method" and just import "Buy" or "Manufacture" into the "Routes" field.

Jeff Beidler
on 9/24/14, 5:27 PM

It has been developped. You will find the routes definition in Warehouse > Configuration > Routes

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 9/24/14, 5:31 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/24/14, 2:30 PM
Seen: 26794 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM