Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Handling data at different levels in OpenERP

By
Moin
on 6/19/13, 2:07 PM 734 views

How can we handle data at multiple levels? ()

I have a "Package" module where I can configure various different kinds of packages(global level). I have also extended the "res.partner" object to have a many2many relationship with "Package" module as various packages can be assigned to partners(customer level). Now, I want to be able to configure packages on customer level, in other words, I can select a few packages from the many2many list and edit a few fields, but I want those changes just to apply for the current partner and not the (global) package itself (current behaviour). Essentially, each partner can have customised packages on a base "template".

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 6/20/13, 5:02 PM

It looks like you need to define an additional module/table, where you store the combination of res.partner and package> In this module/table, you change the values/fields/content, so the original / standard packages do not get modified.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/19/13, 2:07 PM
Seen: 734 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM