Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

google search troubles hidden website /certifications or unused pages shown, how to prevent

joachim grubelnik
on 4/8/16, 5:15 AM 233 views

What can i do to prevent that google lists unused pages ... from odoo like www.mydomain.com/certifications 

we used an adgrants entry and found that google automatically added some clickable links which are linking the wrong page, in this special case it points instead of "about us" which tells the link label --> to /certifications which is definitly an odoo site not used from our website as content relevant for our company.

Workaround at the moment:

rewrite rule inside my webserver nginx to redirect /certifications.....* at all but it does not fit to the linked page at the google presentation of the found page of us. 

location ~ /certifications(.*) {

return 301 http://www.mydomain.com/about_us$1;

ut this workaround is not good cause there are more possibilities for sure of not used pages .

i think preventing this somehow inside odoo is the solution 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 4/8/16, 5:15 AM
Seen: 233 times
Last updated: 5/13/16, 2:38 AM