Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Google Calendar Sync: Sorry, you are not allowed to modify this document

David Dean
on 9/22/14, 5:38 PM 1,371 views

I've successfully linked my Google calendar with Odoo. The problem is when I click "Sync with Google" the following error appears:

Sorry, you are not allowed to modify this document. Only users with the following access level are currently allowed to do that:
- Administration/Access Rights

(Document model: res.users)

I've checked the user settings but couldn't find any explicit option to allow Google Calendar sync to start working.

How do I resolve this?

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this error? Google Calendar Sync simply doesn't work right now due to this error. Thanks all.

David Dean
on 9/30/14, 6:23 PM
David Dean
On 9/26/14, 11:59 AM

I managed to resolve the problem by editing the access control list item:

Settings > Security > Access Controls List

Search for: "res_users" and you should find an an entry called "res_users all"

Click the checkbox to enable Write Access and Save changes

Question: What are the security implications of enabling this option? Although the Google Calendar now syncs, I'm concerned I may have allowed a normal user more access than they should have. Does anyone know?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/22/14, 5:38 PM
Seen: 1371 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM