Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

google apps (gmail) with Odoo - add leads straight from gmail into odoo CRM

sebastian R
on 4/18/15, 3:18 PM 1,030 views

Are there any integrations around that allows you to add leads straight from gmail? or send invoices straight from invoice. 

i.e https://www.prosperworks.com

best regards

Jordi Ballester Alomar
On 4/19/15, 12:20 AM

Hi Sebastian,

These are really two different questions. 

You can create leads from gmail. All you have to do is go to 'Settings | Technical | Mail | Incoming Mail Servers'. Then define a new server with name such as 'Leads from Gmail'. 

Server Name_ imap.gmail.com

Port =  993

Username: contact@mycompany.com

Password: *******

Create a New Record: Lead 

Then you just confirm and can check if it works.

In 'Settings | Technical | Scheduler | Scheduled Actions' the record with name 'Fetchmail Service' defines the frequency in which the incoming mails will be fetched. 

Jordi Ballester

sebastian R
On 4/20/15, 11:53 AM

Hi Jordi,

thanks for the response. I understand that currently you can fetch all emails and have them added as a lead.

My question was maybe not clear enough, i was intending to ask if there is a gmail odoo app that allows you to manually add a user as aan odoo contact and convert to opportunity/lead from within the gmail framework.

as example i gave prosperworks chrome extension.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 4/18/15, 3:18 PM
Seen: 1030 times
Last updated: 4/20/15, 11:53 AM