Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Google app email not working as an incoming email server

By
Haider Alleg
on 9/22/14, 1:09 AM 1,301 views

Dear all,

I am almost there and I am facing an issue with my google apps account. When adding the imap or Pop account, I receive this when testing:

Connection test failed!

Here is what we got instead:
[AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure).

I know my creds are OK.

My normal gmail account is working when I use it. I suppose it is gmail blocking a suspect connection from their hand, but all google searches or solutions related to this have done nothing. Uncaptcha for Google Apps did not the trick.

So my question is: How can I make my apps email working, as this is the one I am using for my domains all the addresses. 

Thanks in advance,

Haider

Hi Haider, did you get an answer to your question to get everything working?

William Beverly
on 1/9/15, 4:58 PM

Hello, yes it worked I tried many ways but for a while only my normal gmail account worked. I created a specific user then like catchall@your-domain.xxx and used the imap settings again. Then it worked. Hope that helps.

Haider Alleg
on 1/12/15, 3:26 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/22/14, 1:09 AM
Seen: 1301 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM