Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Go Live with OpenERP7

By
umer farooq
on 11/29/13, 8:16 AM 1,021 views

Hello, In our office we are ready to Go live with openerp7, Production server is created and openerp7 is installed now first thing to know database is completely fresh in Production Server,Now we have data of last 2 years which includes customers,vendors,suppliers and their invoices old data for e.g 20 customers 10 suppliers 100 invoices overall in "Excel Sheet" like all the necessary data for company to maintain accounts and history.Now I want all of them to be uploaded in Production Server Database(import export functionality or whatever is possible) and then we will start our new journey with Openerp7.

Help me in it. Thank You.

miguel alonso
On 11/29/13, 8:32 AM

From web client, you have a drop-down menu in the top of the form. There you have the options Import and Export, which can import data from or export data to CSV format files. I suggest you to create an "example" record (one customer, one vendor, etc), export this record to a CSV file and then open the file with Excel.

This is the fastest way I know to get the tables structure into Excel. There you can paste your Customer, Vendor, Suppliers, etc, list, save the file (which will be saved in CSV format) and finally import into OpenERP from web client.

Check if users can import data from CSV files in Configuration module. If not, check this option to TRUE.

Hope this could help. Regards

Thanks Miguel Alonso for your response,I export 5,6 demo customers and I got the CSV file then I had a fresh database without any data prior in it and i tried to import CSV there and got this

umer farooq
on 11/29/13, 12:18 PM

No matching record found for external id '__export__.res_partner_45_199' in field 'Account Payable' between rows 2 and 3

umer farooq
on 11/29/13, 12:18 PM

please check the financial fields. when creating "master" records (mainly customers, vendors items) the financial fields must be set up, because when the user post the first invoice, openERP will save the corresponding accounting journal automatically.

miguel alonso
on 12/2/13, 6:06 AM

Fix this bug ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/1194893 ), then export again. It appears like the External ID OpenERP is generating is not valid because of this bug.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 12/3/13, 11:41 PM

Patch this bug ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/1194893 ) and try a new export. You should get External ID's that actually match the accounts you have instead of the ones you are getting.

on 12/3/13, 11:41 PM

ray carnes thanks but I don't know how to patch it and what to do with it:s

umer farooq
on 12/4/13, 8:37 AM

You need to change the file openerp/osv/orm.py - there are three changes to make, based on what is shown when you click the line "Diff: 44 lines (+6/-5) 2 files modified". You don't have to worry about the changes to openerp/tests/addons/test_impex/tests/test_export.py. Once you have edited the files, restart the server. If you have used bzr to access the source code, you can download the changes as a DIFF file and use the command "bzr patch" to apply the changes.

on 12/4/13, 11:51 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/29/13, 8:16 AM
Seen: 1021 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM