Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Getting (u'Unknown report type: webkit',) Don't know what to do?

on 1/23/15, 3:47 PM 1,553 views

I am getting the following error when I try to print a report

NotImplementedError: Unknown report type: webkit

except_orm: (u'Unknown report type: webkit', (<type 'exceptions.NotImplementedError'>, NotImplementedError(u'Unknown report type: webkit',), <traceback object at 0x7f58480400e0>))

I was able to print reports before, and the webkit modules are there. 

I have no idea where to start looking to find a solution so any tip will be appreciated.

Possible causes: report_webkit is not installed or there is another reporting engine module that does not play nice with report_webkit. If you can print *this* (emphasis intended) report before, then you might want to check what have changed in the environment (especially module installed or uninstalled) from then to now.

on 1/24/15, 1:17 AM

Hello Ivan, do you know if there is another module which uses wbekit reports so I can test if it is my code or something else? I even tried installing previous version of my module where it was working and not it doesn't. It looks like it might be something with the system, but I can't find anything. Thanks again

on 1/26/15, 1:04 PM

There is a report_webkit_sample module in the past addons-extra that was developed by the same partner: https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openerp-extra/7.0-report_webkit_sample. The reports from this module should work out of the box.

on 1/26/15, 11:28 PM

Thanks, so far I couldn't install it on v8, it is complaining module wizard is not there,wonder why that is. I will check again in the morning as it is almost 2am here and its been a long day. Thanks a lot for all your help.

on 1/26/15, 11:41 PM

For odoo 8 I found this note on addons\report_webkit\webkit_report.py # We use a jinja2 sandboxed environment to render mako templates. # Note that the rendering does not cover all the mako syntax, in particular # arbitrary Python statements are not accepted, and not all expressions are # allowed: only "public" attributes (not starting with '_') of objects may # be accessed. # This is done on purpose: it prevents incidental or malicious execution of # Python code that may break the security of the server. so check if your code follows the above rules,

Sajin Aziz
on 1/27/15, 12:19 AM

Thanks a lot, I will try that! this is getting really frustrating :(

on 1/27/15, 8:20 AM
Tom Blauwendraat
On 3/19/15, 11:30 AM

See also this discussion:

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/23/15, 3:47 PM
Seen: 1553 times
Last updated: 3/19/15, 11:31 AM