Odoo Help

Getting the department_id through the user on domain filter

By
Kevin Carlo Samaniego
on 6/26/13, 7:10 AM 9,772 views

How do I access the department_id through the user.id on a domain filter?

I created a rule with Leave as the object. My goal is to have the user see leaves only from employees of his/her department. I see that an employee is connected to the user by user.id and employee contains the field department_id.

None of the following domain filters worked:

[('department_id','=',user.id.employee_id.department_id)]

[('department_id','=',['employee_id.user_id','=',user.id,'.','department_id'])]

[('department_id','=','employee_id.user_id')]

Ghanshyam Prajapati
On 6/26/13, 7:28 AM

Try Following,

domain = "[('department_id','=',user.id.employee_id.department_id)]" in your xml file.

Hope it work for you.

On what particular XML file do I add it and where is it located? I tried adding the rule on ir_rule.xml under the security folder of the hr_holidays addon but it still doesn't work. Thanks for the answer.

Kevin Carlo Samaniego
on 6/27/13, 3:55 AM

Put this domain on your field, suppose you field is xyz, then add <field name="xyz" domain="[('department_id','=',user.id.employee_id.department_id)]" />

Ghanshyam Prajapati
on 6/27/13, 7:04 AM

I found another way around and it worked. I used this domain filter instead: [('department_id.member_ids','=',user.id)] Thanks again.

Kevin Carlo Samaniego
on 6/30/13, 10:59 PM
Stefan Wailand
On 2/5/14, 2:44 PM

I would say this is the right answer:

<field name="domain_force">[('department_id.member_ids.user_id', 'in', [user.id])]</field>

Explanation:

• user.id" - in the data model of OpenERP for res_users no way to hr_employee is possible
  • therefore department_id.member_ids will just give back a list with employee_ids
  • in hr.employee the field user_id is available - therefore the path deparment_id.member_ids.user_id is the right way
kenneth mallari
On 6/4/14, 12:04 AM

Hello kevin, nasolve mo ba ung problem mo sa domain filter? hindi ko kc makuha sakin.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/26/13, 7:10 AM
Seen: 9772 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM