This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Is it possible? Can Odoo run as a user with chroot jail, just sftp access to the files?

Discard
Best Answer

Normally developers don't work with Odoo in the server, they work locally and push their code to a repository that it's pulled on the server to be updated. Odoo itself doesn't allow you to running as root so you need to create another user to run it and also you could put the files in the filesystem type of your preference. 

Discard
Author

Yes good thinking 99, clone the git and have them work locally. Don't want anyone poking around the server wherever they like.

I don't get the 99 thing, :)

Now I get it, I will see the movie and the serie. Could you upvote it the answer?

Best Answer

Maybe I do not follow you correctly, but if you have setup Odoo correctly it is already chrooted to its own directory. And as far as giving access to developers to the Odoo root yes that is possible. Just setup user rights correctly. Also you can use ftp config to limit developers to a certen directory for example if you use vsftp make sure the config has chroot_local_user. Additional info on FTP accounts you can find here https://doc.odoo.com/book/7/7_19_Documents/7_19_Documents_access.html/

Discard