Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Getting "AccessError No value found for product.product(2,).qty_available" Can any one help me please?

By
samba
on 2/16/15, 4:41 AM 1,429 views

I unable to open product list. I am getting "AccessError  No value found for product.product(2,).qty_available"  error while opening product list. Can any one help me please?

deep

--deep--
| 5 4 7
Bengaluru, India
--deep--

Techno-Functional Associate with 6+ years of experience in Odoo (formerly known as OpenERP).

deep
On 2/16/15, 6:51 AM

I think the id which is going to browse and fetch has went wrong !!..

Usually it happens in compound objects [inherts by delegation]

So In this, usually product.product & product.template will share the same ID, however in some rather cases, ID's for the both objects may not be same, in that case, the error will occur...

Say in your case:

Product.product (Id might be 2) however Product.template (ID might be 3), so when you try to access the field from template, Openerp browse will by default consider product.product's ID which is 2, to fetch the data from template...

So best way, you browse the template object explicitly by using its relation ID present in the product object, this way these kind of issues can be stopped...

Partly I feel this a bug in OpenERP, though it acts as a compound object, allowing us to acces fields of its compound objects, it works great as long as the ID's are same, but it fails completely if IDs are different...

Thank you Deep. Problem solve when i give read permissions for stock.move object.

samba
on 2/16/15, 6:55 AM

Oh ya, qty_available is a functional field, queried on stock_move object...

deep
on 2/16/15, 7:15 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/16/15, 4:41 AM
Seen: 1429 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM