Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Get the 'Total Sum' of a Function Field

By
Yakito
on 7/7/13, 3:34 AM 1,620 views

Hello,

I have a tree view were I would like to have the total sum of a field called balance.

I already do this with a field called Payments in the following way:

<field name="payments" sum="Total Amount"/>

But payments is a simple integer field, when I try the same with a fields.function then nothing happens.

Any idea how can I get the sum for a function field?

Any tip much appreciated! Thanks!

Omal Bastin

--Omal Bastin--
| 6 6 8
Kochi, Kerala, India
--Omal Bastin--

Swiming deep into openERP/ODOO

Omal Bastin
On 7/7/13, 5:17 AM

For your functional field use store=True

Hi, I seted store=Ture but still no luck. I still call the field with sum="Total Amount" or do I have to change something in the view.xml file? Thanks A LOT for your help!

Yakito
on 7/7/13, 4:22 PM

Actually you are right, Store = True make it works. My problem was that I was using type='Integer' instead of type='integer' and I was not getting any error.

Yakito
on 7/8/13, 3:26 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/7/13, 3:34 AM
Seen: 1620 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM