Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Get id of new Group

By
Javier Batres Velásquez
on 7/24/15, 1:51 PM 445 views

Hello, I have created new groups using the UI and now I need know the id for can make a filter on buttons.

Or if someone know how can filter the access to buttons like the "cancelquatation" button please say me.

Thanks for the help.   

not clear, pls restate using an example

Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim
on 7/24/15, 8:47 PM
Sankar
On 7/25/15, 1:39 AM

Dont know clearly what you are asking . if it is use it.

If you want to know id of group created form UI. Go to  settings -> Sequences & Identifiers -> External Identifiers

and search as res_groups . in search results you can see you group.

Complete id will look like __export__.res_groups_40  (in your case number will be changed.)

then you can use this id as

<field name="name" groups="__export__.res_groups_40"/>

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/24/15, 1:51 PM
Seen: 445 times
Last updated: 7/25/15, 7:07 PM