Odoo Help

Get field value from another form

By
Ougesh
on 1/21/14, 2:21 AM 1,727 views

Hi to all,

I am new to openerp v7 and knows little about python.

I want to get the value of a custom field in a purchase order automatically from a sale order from.

What I've done so far is: I have created a custom field in a sale order from and done the same for purchase order from. I've installed mrp_jit module to convert sales order to purchase order automatically, but the value of the custom field in the purchase order is not filling in automatically. I want it to fill automatically like source document. What do I have to do?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

read this article http://openerpnotes.blogspot.com/2013/02/on-change-event-on-field.html hope this help

philip
on 11/29/14, 8:09 AM
Pravitha
On 8/12/17, 6:29 AM

Your custom field is not auto-filled in PO because you have not passed the value in the create function of PO. Means in mrp_jit module there will be a function defined to convert the sale order to PO. By default, your custom field will not be defined in that function. 

What you have to do is, inherit that function to you custom module and define your custom field in the function so that it gets passed from SO to PO.

I hope this helps you.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/21/14, 2:21 AM
Seen: 1727 times
Last updated: 8/12/17, 6:29 AM