Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Maybe someone can help me.
I installed Odoo 9 rc1 on a Virtual Machine with Ubuntu 14.04 successful. I used the nightly build of the *.deb package.
I could go through the initial setup wizard and everything is working well except the translation of the chart accounts for switzerland. It stays always in french, even when I loaded again german translation and overwrite all again.
I have seen that the german translation are there (/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons/l10n_ch/i18n_extra/de.po) and is loaded:
openerp.addons.base.ir.ir_translation: module l10n_ch: loading extra translation file (de) for language de_DE
openerp.tools.translate: loading /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons/l10n_ch/i18n_extra/de.po
So why is the translation not active?
I still have all the accounts in french text which is very complicated for us german speaking swiss to use.
Thanks for any help.
As I had the same problem with account descriptions not beeing updated I've recognized that the table account_account was used for the chart.
Unfortunately the translation de.po files did not update the account translations in the charts.
/etc/init.d/odoo stop sudo -u odoo /usr/bin/odoo.py --stop-after-init --load-language=de_DE -c /etc/odoo/openerp-server.conf -d odoo /etc/init.d/odoo start
This didn't help either
DELETE FROM ir_translation WHERE lang='de_DE';
/etc/init.d/odoo stop sudo -u odoo /usr/bin/odoo.py -d odoo -l de_DE --i18n-import=/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons/account/i18n/de.po --i18n-overwrite /etc/init.d/odoo start
What finally worked was a dirty workaround updating the account_account table with the values of the translations like the following with postgresql. Now the account texts are in German :)
UPDATE odoo.public.account_account t1SET name = t2.valueFROM odoo.public.ir_translation t2 INNER JOIN odoo.public.ir_translation t3 USING (src)WHERE t1.name = t2.src;
However this workaround might lead to problems sooner or later.
It would be interesting, if someone knews the right solution for this problem.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 9/21/15, 4:24 AM|
|Seen: 1255 times|
|Last updated: 12/20/16, 3:44 AM|