This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am testing OpenERP version 6.1 using a PostgreSQL 8.4 database with PostGIS 1.5 extensions installed. My database is spatially enabled (based on the template_postgis). I have successfully imported the Camptocamp excellent Geoengine Modules and was excited that I would be able to test drive it as I contemplate using it for research and training. Unfortunately, when I attempt to view the demo data I keep getting "uncaught exception: The key geo_edit_map,geo_point,field was not found" when I want to view the "Retail Machine" demo data. Trying to view the "Zip" demo gives "uncaught exception: The key geo_edit_map,geo_multi_polygon,field was not found". I also note that the geoengine view doesnot render its icon, and clicking on it gives "uncaught exception: The key geoengine was not found". I have installed the system under both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 14.04 and the results are exactly the same. The modules were downloaded as zipped files from Odoo apps page for the 6.1 version.

I may be wrong, but I suspect the problem maybe in how the static content from the geoengine module is getting registered with the rest of the system wide static content. I have checked and see a number of similar posts but I haven't seen a response to any of the issues. Please advise what I need to do with my installation to enjoy the power of geoengine in our training.

Thank you.

David Kuria

Discard
Author Best Answer

I was able to figure out the problem. The installed modules were not unzipped into the addons folder. They are simply copied and using a zipped import, the functionality is exposed. Unfortunately, this works for python code and not the other resources, especially the static content. I found that if I extracted these zipped modules into the addons folder, restart the server and refresh the browser, the issues are resolved. I hope this helps somebody else.

I look foward to getting a successful port of the modules to 7 and 8 version.

Discard