This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi All

So i have 2 products set up in different ways to test the manufacturing orders.

1, mto and manufacture. this generates a manufacturing order as soon as the SO is confirmed.

2, manufacture with stock rules that does exactly the same but after a scheduler run.

Both work fine until the SO is changed 

i confirm a SO for 5 items and a manufacturing order is generated. but, if i set that SO back to quote and change the QTY and reconfirm sale it just adds another MO line under the previous manufacturing order that is now not needed

Should be be updating the previous MO or am i doing something wrong. im not sure of the default behaviour.

The same thing happens if a SO is cancelled. i still have a MO for the goods we dont need to make any more can this be set somehow to remove the MO if the SO is cancelled

please help and thanks in advance 

Discard
Best Answer

The logic in Odoo is that once a sales order is confirmed then it shouldn't get changed.  So there wouldn't be any update to the Purchase Order or Manufacturing Order because you shouldn't make changes.   So, you are not doing anything wrong, but you are also not getting the result you want!

Of course, in the real world we know that things can change, and also that you can't wait to confirm the order.   

Discard
Author

Thanks Chris

As i suspected just need to be more precise before we confirm the SO