Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Generate one single MO from a SO with many product variants

Jacques Besancon
on 10/1/14, 3:51 AM 1,229 views

Hi everybody,

I am a happy new user of Odoo v8 and my company is using a lot products variants (multivariants actually - clothing industry).

The new way to define product variants is ok for me however I am surprise of something: if I prepare a SO with differents variants of one single product, it creates as many Manufacturing Orders as variants I have on the Sales Order. In the real world it is actually only one MO for my supplier (BoM is the same for every variants).

Therefore if I want to launch the manufacturing I have to get inside every MO and do "Produce -> Confirm -> Next". I often have 40 variants per product so it means 40 times the same process...

The other downside is that I have very little visibility in terms of raw materials requirements as I need to check every MO to know how much I need.

I guess it is not a bug but rather a functional downside of product variants in v8.

Any clue about how to deal with this ?

Thanks a lot,

Hi Jacques, do you still have this issue,?

on 12/24/14, 1:15 AM

| 6 7 8

On 12/24/14, 3:21 AM

if what you report is true that would be really a pretty severe downside of the built-in v8 product variants. I couldn't think of any good reason to design them like that. In your example of garments where you have variants in colours and sizes such a logic of MO (one product in one variant per MO) comes very unhandy. For example you have a shirt in 3 colours and 2 different sizes you would cut all similar colours of one size in one single process (and if you didn't you'd loose a lot of ecomony of scale).

Do you have any experience with the 7.0 product_custom_attributes Module from the OCA? Do they deal with this issue better? If yes and this is doeable it would be an idea to get them ported to 8.0. I could imagine they might conflict with the new built-in functionality and therefore this maybe is not so easy to achive?

Hi There, I do have a similar issue.. If my client orders one ham and cheese panini + one vegetarian panini for the same sales order, How can I generate only on MO for this? Until now I can generate only two separate MO : (

on 9/29/15, 7:09 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 10/1/14, 3:51 AM
Seen: 1229 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM