Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Gather two modules in one ??

sanaa tayb
on 5/29/13, 5:56 PM 2,452 views

Hello everyone ,

i created 2 module test1 and test2 , each one is installed individually , the problem is that in order to install test2 i should install test1 first , my question is : is there any possibility to gether the two module in one ??? ( or in another module directory test3 ...)

Please i doo neaaad heeelp

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 5/29/13, 5:59 PM

Do you know you can make one module DEPEND on the other?

If you install test1 and test2 is not installed, it will be installed first.

See the tags you can use in __openerp__.py at https://doc.openerp.com/6.0/developer/2_4_module_development/module_descriptor/

AHhh okey thank you a looot , So i can create a new module test3 and Add : "depends" : ["test1", "test2"], ... Is that it ?

sanaa tayb
on 5/29/13, 6:03 PM

Yes, or in the __openerp__.py file for module test1, use "depends" : ["test2"] - then you don't need a third module.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/29/13, 6:10 PM

Oki , thank you :)

sanaa tayb
on 5/29/13, 6:11 PM

when i tried this , i got the following error : Error

You try to install module 'test1' that depends on module 'test2'. But the latter module is not available in your system.

sanaa tayb
on 5/29/13, 6:33 PM

Then check that module test2 is available in the addons path - OpenERP can't find it.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/29/13, 6:42 PM

actually the module test2 is in the addons directory ... Do i have to make anyother changes a part from the depends on the Depands in __openerp__.py??

sanaa tayb
on 5/29/13, 7:28 PM
Dharmesh Rathod
On 5/30/13, 3:18 AM

Make 'Update Module List' first then try to install it.

On 5/29/13, 6:01 PM

Yes you can. You can add the code of the one in the other. and then you have just to Custom the view définition

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 5/29/13, 5:56 PM
Seen: 2452 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM