Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Functional Field execute and save in DB

on 4/29/13, 2:51 AM 1,778 views

Openerp 7.0 Function field Save="True" method executed only after the edit the records. How to execute the method before the edit the record and also save in database?

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 1/10/14, 2:07 PM

Only using a hack: use an on_change method.

Please can someone give me an example how to use on_change method with a function field?

Soukaina SBITTI
on 2/26/14, 8:11 AM

I've heard about the mysterious behavior, that on_change methods can return values for function fields. But how exactly is that done? Do i have to write a on_change method for every field that is listet in the store-dictionary? That would be verbose.. And not possible for fields of other objects...

René Schuster
on 6/26/14, 9:35 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 4/29/13, 2:51 AM
Seen: 1778 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM