This question has been flagged
2 Replies

What analysis tools do you use to do your prior functional or technical analysis?

Discard
Best Answer

Currently we are using DIA for linux

Discard
Author

Hi. Looked at Dia. Its a diagramming tool like - other-closed-source software-that-I-bought-for-my-sins-created-by-a-large-corporation called Visio by Microsoft with whom I'm not affiliated either. But EA is great because there is a central database repository which links all objects and allows for re-use.

Author Best Answer

I use Enterprise Architect from Sparx Systems

Discard

Hmm, that commercial and closed source. Surely that must be some more friendly options out there. (PS: are you affiliated?)

Author

Affiliated to what / whom?

You open a question an answer it right away pointing to a commercial product. What does that look like to you?

Author

No I'm not advertising and I have no links to them at all. I'm a user and UML enthusiast looking for discussion on tools and mappings in UML of ERP projects. I do think their product is very good, would be happy to look at any open source alternatives, but likely to be very exacting (exigeant). As for the question, I thought that was most appropriate instead of answering my own question in the question