Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Functional analysis tools

By
Mark Lewis
on 3/1/13, 4:51 AM 777 views

What analysis tools do you use to do your prior functional or technical analysis?

agb80
On 3/1/13, 2:38 PM

Currently we are using DIA for linux

Hi. Looked at Dia. Its a diagramming tool like - other-closed-source software-that-I-bought-for-my-sins-created-by-a-large-corporation called Visio by Microsoft with whom I'm not affiliated either. But EA is great because there is a central database repository which links all objects and allows for re-use.

Mark Lewis
on 3/2/13, 11:00 AM
Mark Lewis
On 3/1/13, 4:52 AM

I use Enterprise Architect from Sparx Systems

Hmm, that commercial and closed source. Surely that must be some more friendly options out there. (PS: are you affiliated?)

Daniel Reis
on 3/1/13, 5:23 AM

Affiliated to what / whom?

Mark Lewis
on 3/1/13, 5:31 AM

You open a question an answer it right away pointing to a commercial product. What does that look like to you?

Daniel Reis
on 3/1/13, 5:35 AM

No I'm not advertising and I have no links to them at all. I'm a user and UML enthusiast looking for discussion on tools and mappings in UML of ERP projects. I do think their product is very good, would be happy to look at any open source alternatives, but likely to be very exacting (exigeant). As for the question, I thought that was most appropriate instead of answering my own question in the question

Mark Lewis
on 3/1/13, 7:03 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/1/13, 4:51 AM
Seen: 777 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM