This question has been flagged
10 Replies

In knowledge module i clicked "shared repositories" to connect to ftp server in which i typed "ftp://localhost:8021" it just got connected but there was no window asking user name or password...And when i went to the browser and typed the same ftp address i got just two databases name getting displayed..when i click that i am nkt able to find the default folders which are available...plz help me..how should i do this

Discard

Have you created the filestore under openerp folder? Have you given acces to dbuser?

Best Answer

to configure ftp server go :

settings-->Configuration Wizards choose FTP Server Configuration

Indicate the network address on which your OpenERP server should be reachable for end-users. This depends on your network topology and configuration, and will only affect the links displayed to the users. The format is HOST:PORT and the default host (localhost) is only suitable for access from the server machine itself..(localhost:8021)

in knowledge menu proposed default ftp address. If you have problems connecting, then it may be a problem with the connection string.

default is:  ftp://admin@<your IP address>:8021/<your database name>
i e. ftp://admin@localhost:8021/my_company

try connecting using the string without the user name i.e.:

ftp://<your IP address>:8021/<your database name>
i e. ftp://localhost:8021/my_company

A pop-up will then appear for you to enter a user name and password. Ensure it's also an actual OpenERP user that exists in the database you are trying to connect to.

Please note that this solution may only work if you have at least one user logged into the database that you are trying to connect to.

Discard
Author

when i type ftp://localhost:8021/demo in web browser, i get a pop up indicating user name and password...when i type that i am able to get in the root directory which displays the databases in which i have installed knowledge module.But when i try to enter that database it shows 550:Invalid database path...I am trying for a long time..but dont know where i went wrong.plz help me..I am new to openerp..

connect to admin/admin in your database demo and in your browser ftp://admin@localhost:8021/demo . try to connect with another web browser .try to connect with a ftp client FileZilla for example and return to me. it should work.if it does not work you should check how you configured the server

Author

hey dude!! I tried with file zilla client...In which i typed the following HOST:localhost,USERNAME:admin,PASSWORD and port:8021.Here also i was able to see the listings of 2 directories name alone...But couldn enter that directory.Again it results in same error INVALID DATABASE PATH..plz help me out in this dude.. Am i making any silly mistake..Should i set path anywhere??

Author

and when i type in browser after entering credentials i get the usual web page error like "webpage is not available" temporariliy down or unavailable

in settings/ technical/ parameters/ system parameters , add a new record: Key = ir_attachment.location Value = file:///filestore
and in openerp_serverr.config add ftp_server_host=localhost

Author

hey where do i find settings??Sorry i am new to openerp so i dont know..plz help- me dude..I COULD FIND PARAMETERS IN webclient under administration menu but that doesn have an option like that filestore or or system parameterts...thanks

in settings>>Users choose your user and in tab Access Rights check Technical Features then refresh the page .menu settings/ technical/ parameters/ system parameters display .

Best Answer

Is there a solution for odoo 10? I'm using database auto-backup module to backup my database in another server. But this module is written for SFTP protocole, and I need to use FTP protocole

Discard