This question has been flagged

So I've figured out, by extensive trial and error (along with the skimpy online documentation) how to get a web form to add a new lead into OpenERP and then how to set up a marketing campaign to notice the new lead and send a (legally required) opt-in confirmation email... and I even developed a really simple link-tracker to embed links into the email that would allow the recipient to confirm their email address, and when confirmed, the state of the lead goes from "New" to "Opt-In Confirmed".

But...

I can't seem to get the second activity in the campaign to trigger. After the confirmation email is sent out, the lead is supposed to get a second email that gives them a free sample report. On that second activity, I have a condition with: resource.web_lead_state=="Opt-In Confirmed"

This should then take any leads that have received the first email and who therefore have their state changed, and then send out the next email.... no?

(BTW, I'm using my own Webform_Lead resource instead of the normal crm.lead resource. I've built this into a custom module which works correctly.)

Bottom line: can someone provide me with samples of Marketing Automation Activities with Conditions?

Discard
Author

PS. I've also tried object.web_lead_state=="Opt-In Confirmed"

Hi, Would there be anyway for to share how you got this to work. I'm struggling to get the integration to work with WP

I too would very much like to find out how you managed to establish if the email from odoo was opened/clicked on - this is a basic requirement for marketing automation that odoo marketing campaigns appear to lack but would add immensely to odoo's capability in this area.

Does this sneak peek of link tracking suggest that we would be able to monitor clickthrus to website pages within marketing campaigns ? pic.twitter.com/O1HJ7e4v1P

Author Best Answer

Hmm... Something that's not obvious about this system is that once a resource has been processed by a campaign, adding activity nodes later in the campaign process does not trigger the previous resources to be re-processed. My activity with condition actually DOES work, but I had to create a new lead with the appropriate state to show that it worked.

Discard