Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

fresh install, new database, stuck with Constraint Error The name of the period must be unique per company!

By
mario boulet
on 9/8/13, 12:57 AM 1,633 views

cannot make change to accounting settings without getting the followingConstraint Error

The name of the period must be unique per company! :

I am about to quit trying OpenERP and not recommend it

Borni DHIFI

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

http://www.linkedin.com/in/borni

Borni DHIFI
On 9/8/13, 7:50 AM

Hi,

The error is clear : The name of the period must be unique per company!

you have tried to create a period with a name already eiste , so just give another name form the new period.

Thanks for trying to help but the problem is that I did not try to create any period... all I did was to try to change value in the accounting page of the setting menu. Whatever field I try to update is bringing this error.

mario boulet
on 9/8/13, 10:30 AM

I think is a database error, try a clear new installation. If you speak french, this is my method : http://dipleo.fr/installer-openerp-rapidement/

johnCogitae
on 9/8/13, 3:01 PM

Thanks for the info ! However I was able to isolate the problem to a narrower field of trouble shooting. My problem arise only when, after a fresh install with new database, I answer to the accounting wizard and ask for a period starting February first. If I leave it at the default January first all seems to be working as expected. I did not tried other period dates but I suspect the wizard to be messing stuff.

mario boulet
on 9/8/13, 3:46 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/8/13, 12:57 AM
Seen: 1633 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM